Inviting application for the post of Monitoring and evaluation Officer
NCPI + is a national body of People Living with HIV (PLHIV), affected individuals and Organizations with the vast range of experience and expertise from grass root to policy level. NCPI+ is based on the principle that, this long experience and expertise must contribute constructively and meaningfully in the policy and programme decisions to bring positive change in country. NCPI+ works with the aim to increase active, transparent and constructive participation of PLHIV and health activist to strengthen care, support and treatment response of the country and improve the quality of life of individuals and families to control HIV.
NCPI+ aims to build on existing structure of PLHIV network at state and district level. It will collate experience of long-time community leaders and invest in a cadre building of second and third line leaders and educators. Create more equitable, accountable, inclusive and responsive advocacy platform with particular attention to needs of women, youth/adolescents, sex workers, people who use drugs, MSM and Transgender/Hijras.
- An improved quality of life of people living with HIV and an increased active participation in society.
- To improve the quality of life and provide a sense of belonging to people living with HIV and their families for full active participation in society and reduce further HIV transmission.
Job Description: NCPI+ seeks M&E Officer for a proposed GFATM-supported Project AHANA, a 39-month initiative in Public and Private sector programs for Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT). Project AHANA will be implemented in coordination with National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), National Health Mission (NHM) and respective State AIDS Control Societies (SACS).
Location: Based in Guwahati and responsible for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh & Sikkim states
The position demands the program implementation and technical knowledge on HIV/AIDS and PPTCT, with a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant working experience. The key responsibilities of the position are, S/he will be required to manage the program data collected/ entered by program officers (PO) /reporting units, conduct data cleaning, conduct on-site data quality audits, data analysis, manage the data storage and preparation of monthly/ quarterly M&E reports, preparation of presentations, provide feedback and guidance on program data to Program Manager (PM), Medical Manager (MM) and Program Officer (PO), as well as provide all other necessary assistance related to program monitoring or program management at the state level.
Roles and responsibilities:
- M&E officer will work directly under the guidance of M&E coordinator of Principal Recipient.
- M&E officer will support the implementation of M & E plans of the project in all the assigned states.
- M&E officer will ensure timely submission of Monthly and Quarterly report to PR M&E
- Initiate necessary action for the district where chronic reporting issue countered.
- Each district should receive feedback on the reports (programme and quality) in a quarter.
- Feedback with suitable analysis to the district where there is programme gap (screening/linkage or any other) is must in written form with a copy to PM-SR and SPM-PR.
- Collection and analysis of data from the field and ensure the quality and authenticity of the data.
- M&E officer will analyse, identify the programme reporting gap and develop a dashboard to inform PM-SR and PM-PR so that they can take corrective actions.
- M&E officer will prepare the key dashboard developed in discussion with SACS, PR and SR and submits to SACS and other state level stakeholder on monthly basis.
- M&E officer will submit the monthly report to SACS on monthly basis.
- M&E officer will carry out the analysis of programme data on monthly and quarterly basis under the guidance of PR- M&E and share the feedback to programme teams for taking effective actions.
- M&E officer to carry out data quality assurance based on the guideline prepared by PR M&E.
- M&E officer will carry out the data quality assurance visit under the guidance of PR M&E.
- M&E to ensure that each district has a mechanism to review the RCH register, MCP card and SC level HMIS report on regular basis for HIV reporting.
- M&E officer to support SACS and NHM M&E division for better and quality implementation under the guidance of PR M&E.
- Close coordination with HMIS division at NHM and M&E division at SACS to ensure for better quality data and reporting.
- To do periodic site visits for monitoring of project records
- M&E to analyse the capacity building need of NHM, SACS and AHANA regarding data collection, storage, quality and reporting and support PM-SR to develop suitable plan to address the same.
- In consultation with the Project Manager, represent SR in appropriate district level forums
- M&E to prepare a dash board report to circulate to stakeholder
- M&E officer would prepare the monthly workplan and submit it to PR M&E
- M&E officer would be responsible for meeting M&E Donor Compliance under the guidance of PR M&E.
Educational qualifications and skill required for the position:
The candidate must have a graduation degree or higher qualification in Economics, Statistics, Population Studies (Demography), Social work with experience in M&E work, or public health
- At least 3 to 4 years’ experience of programme monitoring and evaluation in health or development sectors.
- Experience of working in HIV prevention, care, support and treatment programmes, and experience working in Prevention of Parent to Child Transmission (PPTCT) / TB program is an added value
- Working experience and knowledge on analytical software packages (like MS Excel, Access, and SPSS)
- Strong analytical skills and facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical, writing and verbal communication skills (both English and Hindi or local language).
- Strong commitment to HIV/AIDS and sexual, reproductive health and rights.
- Good command over English and Hindi or local language (written and spoken).
- Proficiency in computer usage (including Microsoft Office software and internet).
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a complex, multicultural environment, with demonstrated leadership, communication, networking and presentation capabilities.
- Willingness to travel extensively (15-20 days in a month) in the allocated state (s)
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter, including the names of referees (including a current or most recent employer), as well as expected salary, last salary earned, and required notice period. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org copy to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: specifying the Job Title district/state.
Remuneration: 4 lakhs annually (Negotiable)
People living with HIV, women and individuals belonging to other vulnerable groups are encouraged to apply. NCPI+ provides a secular working environment and does not discriminate based on HIV status, religious or community affiliations, gender, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your application on or before 1st May 2022 at email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org