National Coalition of People Living with HIV is India (NCPI +) is a national network of People Living with HIV (PLHIV), affected individuals and organisations with the vast range of experience and expertise from grass root to policy level. NCPI+ is based on the principle that, this long experience and expertise must contribute constructively and meaningfully in the policy and programme decisions to bring positive change in country. NCPI+ works with the aim to increase active, transparent and constructive participation of PLHIV and health activist to strengthen care, support and treatment response of the country and improve the quality of life of individuals and families to control HIV.
- An improved quality of life of people living with HIV and an increased active participation in society.
- To improve the quality of life and provide a sense of belonging to people living with HIV and their families for full active participation in society and reduce further HIV transmission.
Inviting application for the post of
1 No. State Project Officer (SPO) for Nagaland state.
Sub Recipient (SR) – State Project Officer- Nagaland State (SPO-Nagaland) to be based in Kohima district.
SR PM will be located in one of the assigned states and have to take care of the other state remotely through planned project monitoring visits. To address the situation the SPO position has been created in those states where the PM not located/based.
State Project Officer would be responsible
- Regular linkage with SACS and NHM
- With support and guidance from SR Project Manager, in close coordination with PR Regional Manager, M&E Coordinator and Finance Coordinator will be responsible for implementation of Project Ahana in the state assigned
- With support from SR Project Manager and PR, facilitate a transition plan (when Ahana phases out) for the state assigned with District Administration and SACS.
- In coordination with PR Program Team and support of SR Program Manager, the SPO will revisit the mapping of all private health services, assessment and identify the private health facilities providing maternal health services in the assigned state
- With support from SR Program Manager will guide the POs to assess the mapped private health facilities (whether providing maternal health services or not) and then post assessment engage them as per the guidelines of NACO, in the assigned state
- Provide support to SPO, PO on formulation/orientation of District EMTCT committee and ensure regular meeting to carry forward the EMTCT agenda
- Provide support to SPO and PO in creation of support groups and orient them to help the FLWs in providing PPTCT cascade of services
- Provide programmatic guidance to Outreach team (PO and FLW) and ensure completion of the project activities on time
- Orientation of selected school going adolescents on HIV & PPTCT
- Orientation of RRE clubs, Adolescent Health Counsellors and other important district level stakeholders
- Mapping of the family planning centres and linking PPWs with the same
- Formation of District EMTCT Committee and orientation of the same on EMTCT mandate
- Regularising monthly ART and SAICTC meeting (physical/virtual)
- Support outreach team in creation of support groups for PPW
- Ensure timely program reporting as per the guidelines to the PR for the assigned state
- Ensure timely submission financial utilisation certificate to SR Project Manager for the assigned state.
- All other work as decided by CFO and SR PM
Educational qualifications and skill required for the position:
The ideal candidates must be Graduate /post graduates in social work / social sciences/ management with an experience of at least 3-5 years in HIV/AIDS counselling, prevention, care, support, treatment services and mentoring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, regional & Local language
- Proficient in use of computers (EXCEL, MS WORD, PPT etc.) and internet applications
- Counselling and mentorship skills
- Analytical and documentation skills
- Should be based at the districts allotted, for work in the respective zones
- Willing to travel extensively (15-20 days in a month) in districts
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meeting timelines
- Accepts and ensures rigor in program implementation, Ability to work with large network of health care facilities from the government, private and non-governmental sectors
- Knowledge of M & E issues and indicator development for HIV prevention and service delivery strengthening related to HIV/AIDS
Remuneration: 4.2 lakhs per annum.
NOTES: 1) The candidate living with HIV and affected by HIV/AIDS would be given the preference if S/he will fulfil the criteria as per JD for specific position.
2) The candidate for each position should be familiar with one of the regional languages of North east.
Please submit a comprehensive CV in English with a supporting cover letter, including the names of referees (including a current or most recent employer), as well as expected salary, last salary earned, and required notice period. Send applications to email@example.com copy to firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
People living with HIV, women and individuals belonging to other vulnerable groups are encouraged to apply. NCPI+ provides a secular working environment and does not discriminate based on HIV status, religious or community affiliations, gender, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your application on or before 21st March 2023.