HOME / OUR PROJECTS / VIHAAN
To improve the survival and quality of life of PLHIV
As a sub-recipient partner NCPI is implementing this program in 10 states with the partnership of 33 District level NGOs and CBO, who are implementing the 45 Care and support centres in respective states. More than 60% of staffs are from the PLWH community who are playing their role in a different position with their commitment for the community.
Project Geographical Area:
Care and Support Centre (CSCs):
A safe space for PLHIV and a bridge to all continuum of care, support and treatment services- 45 CSCs are being implemented by NCPI PLUS.
Services Provided Under Vihaan
- Track and bring back to treatment people not retained in care.
- Linkages and referral services: other health facilities & various departments for social protection schemes.
- HIV Testing: Promoting positive prevention, HIV test for spouse/partners, children of PLHIV.
- TB screening: ICF of TB presumptive cases and referral for TB testing and treatment.
- Counselling services: treatment adherence, positive prevention & positive living.
- Peer Support: psycho-social support, educate PLHIV & family members on treatment adherence and retention in care.
Activities under Vihaan Care and Support Program:
State Oversight Committee Meeting (SOC):
Under the Vihaan care and support program NCPI + has conducted 15 SOC meeting across 9 states during the financial year 2019-2020 under the chairmanship of Project Director, Additional Project Director and Joint Director –CST division of State AIDS Control Societies.
SSR-Coordination cum Review Meeting:
This meeting is conducted on a quarterly basis, NCPI has conducted 17 quarterly coordination cum review meeting with 45 SSR partners across 10 states during 04 quarters of 2019 -2020. The meeting was conducted 04 in Delhi, 03 in West Bengal, 03 in Jharkhand, 02 in Uttarakhand.
State Level Advocacy Meeting:
Vihaan program provided a state-level platform to the PLWH in which they raised their issues and demand services from the government departments. NCPI has conducted state-level Advocacy Meeting in West Bengal, Jharkhand, Haryana and Jammu & Kashmir during the financial year 2019-2020.